Friday, September 16, 2011

Miss Universe Pagent

I have a fucking bone to pick with this year's pagent decision makers.
I wasn't able to watch the show when it aired due to work, so I recorded it to watch later.
And fuck me if they didn't show all the country's costumes.
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????????
That's the best part of the fucking pagent!
ANY other pagent you can see the gown competition, you can see the swimsuit competition, you can see the talent part, you can see the question part. ONLY in the Miss Universe pagent do you get to see the costumes designed specifically for each girl to show case their country.
And I was FUCKING PISSED to say the least.
All they showed was the top 10.
Well FUCK YOU!
And next year if you don't show ALL the costumes, I will NEVER watch the pagent again!
FUCKING ASSHOLES

From 89 contestants they immediately drop to the top 16.
If I had been choosing these are the one's I'd have chose (in no particular order):

Leila Lopes-Miss Angola



Johanna Solano-Costa Rica



Jitka Novackova-Czech Republic



Dalia Fernandez-Dominican Republic



Pia Pakarinen-Finland



Laury Thilleman-France



Karin Ontiveros-Mexico



Viviana Ortiz-Puerto Rico



Chanyasorn Sakornchan-Thailand



Olesia Stefanko-Ukraine



Vanessa Goncalves-Venezuela



Scherri-lee Biggs-Australia



Olivia Pinheiro-Bolivia



Luo Zilin-China



Chelsae Durocher-Canada



Alyssa Campanella-USA



To see all 89 contestants GO HERE


Of the 16 that I chose 9 made top 16:
France
China
Angola
Australia
Puerto Rico
USA
Ukraine
Costa Rica
Venezuela

The other 7 were:
Columbia
Kosovo
Brazil
Netherlands
Panama
Portugal
Philippines

*** you can see them if you follow the link to see all 89 contestants ***

It didn't surprise me that USA made it in top 16, or Venezuela either (they usually do). And it made perfect sense that Brazil was chosen as well since it was being held in Brazil. They normally do choose the representing countries contestant at least for top 16.

From the top 16 they chose the top 10:
Australia
Costa Rica
France
Ukraine
Portugal
Panama
Philippines
Angola
China
Brazil

Delightfully I still had 6 of my original choices in the running :-)

The results were:

4th Runner Up: China
3rd Runner Up: Philippines
2nd Runner Up: Brazil
1st Runner Up: Ukraine

And the winner:

Leila Lopes - Miss Angola



In the end I did VERY WELL. Three of my choices made it all the way to runner up spot. And the crown ended up going to one of the 16 I originally chose.

The only thing that STILL pisses me off is not televising the national costumes. BAD BADDDDDD move on the decision makers part.

No comments:

Post a Comment